I obtained my B.A. (cum laude) and M.A. (with merit) in Political Science from the University of the Philippines Diliman and the Central European University respectively. Prior to coming to Lund, I taught in the Department of Social Sciences at the University of the Philippines Los Baños from 2014 to 2020. My main research interests include quantitative research methods, voting behavior, patronage politics, electoral politics, and authoritarianism.
September 2020: I'll be joining the Department of Political Science at Lund University as a PhD student.
THE PHILIPPINES 2020: The Gamble of the Populist Leadership
Yvan Ysmael T. Yonaha & Esther Mary L. Calvo
Asia Maior (Forthcoming)
Review of the book Behind the Façade: Elections under Authoritarianism in Southeast Asia by L. Morgenbesser
Esther Mary L. Calvo
Asian Politics and Policy, 2019.
Talk like (wo)man: Analyzing Donald Trump's Tweets and Selected Campaign Speeches
Esther Mary L. Calvo & Anastasiya Skripkina
UP Los Baños Journal (16), 43-54, 2018.
Undergraduate Courses Taught (University of the Philippines Los Baños)
- POSC 10: Principles of Politics and Governance
- POSC 141: Contemporary Political Ideologies
- SOSC 2: Social, Political and Economic Thought
- 1 January 2019-30 June 2020: The (Un)conditionality of Makati City's Project FREE: A case study on educational services as a potential source for electoral support funded by the UPLB Basic Research Program
- Philippine Political Science Association, Member
firstname.lastname@example.org Send Email
© 2020. All rights reserved.